Infrastructure solutions for offshore oil and gas production
Participants of the OOC2021 on September 24, 2021, had the opportunity to learn about infrastructure solutions for offshore oil and gas production during the report of Viktor Pagels, a specialist at the Singapore Bluewhale Offshore.
The topic of the report was Formation of the technological base and infrastructure development. Pagels covered this topic, giving examples from his experience in offshore oil and gas production in Iran, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia.
In particular, he focused on the following main stages in offshore drilling:
- Production of petroleum products that cannot be carried out without a platform
- Drilling - availability of a drilling platform
- Construction of the facilities - construction of the sites and special vessels
- Supply - onshore supply base and supply vessels fleet
- Security and training - research centres
- Personnel transportation - a fleet of special high-speed vessels and helicopters
- Coastal headquarters.
However, he noted that, unfortunately, none of the above-mentioned infrastructure components for offshore production is currently missing in Ukraine.