Strategic directions for increasing Naftogaz’s hydrocarbon reserves have not changed
The Naftogaz group presented to the Prime Minister of Ukraine Denys Shmyhal strategic directions and projects for natural gas production, among which the prospects for the development of deep horizons, unconventional gas plays in tight rocks and the Black sea shelf are traditionally the main ones. This is reported by the press service of Naftogaz.
Heads of ministries, other central authorities and people’s deputies of Ukraine also participated in the discussion.
The participants of the meeting were presented the prospects for the development of deep horizons, unconventional gas plays in tight rocks and the Black sea shelf.
The presentation also emphasized that in the conditions of the economic crisis, the industry and the Naftogaz group, as a significant component of it, needs serious support from the state, namely:
- Negotiating the terms of the PSA in 4 areas; Access to Yuzivska area;
- Granting Naftogaz licenses for geological exploration of the areas on the Black sea shelf;
- Extension of the effect of the incentive royalties for production from conventional gas deposits for new wells for the first 5 years of operation, and simplification of the permitting procedure;
- The introduction of incentive royalties for the production of tight gas;
- Reducing the Naftogaz’s burden to pay dividends, which amount to 90-95%;
- Adoption of legislative changes to simplify access to land areas for exploration and access to existing wells;
- Exclusion of Ukrgasvydobuvannya JSC from effect of the Law of Ukraine “On public procurement”.